Are the Gorges du Verdon dry?
Can the Gorges du Verdon welcome tourists this summer 2022?
What are the possible activities to practice in the Verdon?
How is the situation in the Alpes de Haute Provence?
- This winter, the lack of snow and precipitation has obviously created a severe problem in the Haut Verdon : drought.
- Faced with these new conditions and climate change, we have found ourselves obliged to limit our services.
- However, this did not prevent us from offering you extraordinary programs that will enhance your stay in the Gorges du Verdon.
- Since August 5, some restrictions have been imposed due to the lack of water. It has relatively threatened the tourism sector.
What to do in the Gorges du Verdon if no boat activity is allowed?
Do not worry ! With Haute Provence Outdoor, you can always enjoy your holidays! We offer various water activities that will make you discover the gorges and the region from an another angle:
- Rando Aqua : The flagship activity of the area thanks to which you will have the chance to enter into the largest Grand Canyon in Europe.
- Canyoning : Want to take up challenges and overcome your fears? Try this experience so you can live an incredible moment with our guides .
- Deval’Bike : Are you looking for thrills and ecstasy? Come and discover the slopes of Provence and hurtle down the forest roads specially made for you!
- Trott’Élec : A ride on an electric scooter in the village of Trigance , both cultural and fun. We will take you to visit a chapel and then a farm where you will be delighted by a small tasting of goat cheese.
- A canoe rental : You also have the possibility of renting a back-pack canoe for a whole day and going to the lake of Castillon and Sainte-Croix.
- Paddle : You will be accompanied by one of our guides for a small Jumps Paddle activity, quiet in the lake of Castillon .
Every summer has its story, the 2022 season has been a bit special, for us and for all our holidaymakers, but this has proven to be a source of inspiration rather than an obstacle.